Before upgrading Field Time applications, perform the following tasks.
- Back up your Field Time database and application servers.
- If you are installing Field Time executable files in a Citrix or terminal server environment, uninstall client versions of the applications.
- Verify the Labor and Equipment Cost Types set up in C:\Program Files (x86)\Viewpoint Construction Software\MFM\Websites\FWC38\WCFRest\Web.config. You will compare these values to Adaptor Configuration settings after upgrading.
- Have all users log out of Field Time applications. To prevent users from logging in during the upgrade, stop the IIS server or default website in IIS.
- Verify that the database server has .NET 4.5.2 (or higher) installed. If not, you will need to upgrade the .NET Framework, which requires a system reboot.
In addition, you will need to have the following information available when you install:
- Your back office accounting system database server and name.
- The Enterprise Framework database server and name.
- The Field Time database server and name, user credentials, and server credentials with system administrator privileges
- The Field Time SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) version, SSRS file, SSRS URL, SSRS data source name, and SSRS credentials. Ensure that the SSRS user has Content Manager permission in SQL Server Reporting Services.