Insert a Dynamic Question Table into a Form Template
You can insert a dynamic (non-static) question table into a form template that has not been assigned to a project. Use dynamic question tables to include a series of questions, particularly when there is no finite number of answers and device users need to answer the same questions again with additional answers.
Dynamic question tables are used to include a series of questions in a row, and they are best used when there is no finite number of answers. Device users can add another row in which to answer the same questions again with additional answers. For example, the table could be an attendance register where you are capturing information such as Forename, Surname, and Organization for an unspecified number of people.
- Confirm that the correct business unit is selected in the Current Business Is field, and that the correct project is selected in the Current Project Is field.
- Select .
- In the row for the template to which you want to add questions, click Design.
- In the Form Designer, click Insert Table..
- In the Insert Table screen, enter a heading for the question table group in the Table Group field.
- In the Table Group - Long Description field, enter text to display on the device in smaller text under the Group Title.
- Leave the Custom Report field blank.
- Deselect the Show Static Questions In A Column check box.
- Leave the Is Active check box selected.
In the Question Alias field, enter a short description
to represent the question table in reports and enable the merging of questions
in the table into one analysis column in reports.
This step is optional if the text entered in the Table Group field is shorter than 30 characters.
- Click Save.
- In the Form Designer screen, click Insert Question Column.
In Question Title field on the Insert Question window, enter the
text of the question.
You do not need to end the text with a question mark.
(Optional) In the Question Advice field, enter text to
display on the device in smaller text under the Question Title.
You can write this in the form of a question with a question mark, or write explanatory text.
- In the Question Type field, select a type. See Question Type Fields for more information.
- Depending on the Question Type you selected, additional fields may display. See Question Type Additional Fields for more information. Select options as appropriate.
Do one of the following to save the question:
- Click Save to return to the Form Designer.
- Click Save & New to insert another question of the same question type.