Insert a Question Group into a Form Template
You can insert a question group into a form template to group related questions together under a common heading.
You must have already created a form template in the appropriate business unit, and the template has not been assigned to a project.
Review the requirements for the types of questions you want to include in your form, any sections you want to divide your form into, and any headings and labels you want to add.
- Confirm that the correct business unit is selected in the Current Business Is field, and that the correct project is selected in the Current Project Is field.
- Select .
- In the row for the template to which you want to add questions, click Design.
- On the Form Designer screen, click Insert Group where you want to add the group.
- In the Insert Group window, enter a heading for the question group in the Group Title field.
(Optional) Enter text in the Long Description field.
This will display on the device in smaller text under the Group Title.
- Leave the Custom Report field blank.
- Leave the Is Active check box selected.
If you want to secure the group, select the
Secured check box.
This cannot be undone once the group is created.
Note: When securing a group, you must grant permission to any role that needs to answer/edit the form questions within the secured group. Any user without permission can view the form questions but cannot answer/edit them. For instructions to modify permissions, see Change form template details and permissions.Secured groups are indicated with a padlock icon in the Form Designer.
- Click Save. The Form Designer screen opens.
- Within the new group, click Insert Question. The Insert Question window opens.
- In Question Title field on the Insert Question window, enter the
text of the question.You do not need to end the text with a question mark.
- (Optional) In the Question Advice field, enter text to
display on the device in smaller text under the Question Title.You can write this in the form of a question with a question mark, or write explanatory text.
- In the Question Type field, select a type. See Question Type Fields for more information.
- Depending on the Question Type you selected, additional fields may display. See Question Type Additional Fields for more information. Select options as appropriate.
- Do one of the following to save the question:
- Click Save to return to the Form Designer.
- Click Save & New to insert another question of the same question type.
To insert another question into the group, start by clicking an
Insert Question button that is inside the group, and
then repeat these steps.
Questions that are inside a group are indented slightly.