Create a Predefined Answer Group
You can create a predefined answer group that you can then add to form questions when you are creating a form template. This enables the device user to select from a list of possible answers to a question.
- Confirm that the correct business unit is selected in the Current Business Is field, and that no project is selected in the Current Project Is field.
- Select .
Confirm that the predefined answer group you want to create does not already exist
by entering some or all of the name of that group in the Predefined Answer
Group Name Contains field. Click Search .
If any answer groups appear in the left pane, select an item to examine its list of answers in the right pane.
In the Predefined Answer Groups
screen, click the Add Predefined Answer
The Add Predefined Answer window appears.
- In the Predefined Answer Group field, enter a name for the group.
Select any of the following check boxes as needed.
Check box Description Parents Can Be Answers Used with hierarchical (parent/child) answers. See Add a Child Answer to a Predefined Answer Allow Other For Multi Select Allows the tablet user to enter a new answer if it does not exist in the predefined answer group Project Based Answers Allows you to change the answers in a group when applying the form to a particular project, such as when a particular project adopts a specific scoring system Measurement Allows the tablet user to enter a number and unit of measurement, such as a group of lengths containing mm, m, or km.
In the Visibility field, specify which business units can
use the Predefined Answer group by selecting either My Business Unit
Only or Business Unit and Below.
- If you selected Business Unit and Below, click the button next to it.
- Select a business unit from the Organisation Visibility Picker window, and then click Apply.
- (Optional) Specify which business unit can edit the Predefined Answer group. Select a business unit in the Owned By Business Unit field by clicking on the Funnel button , selecting a business unit from the Organisation Owner Picker list, and then clicking Apply.
- Click Save.