Add a Package to a Business Unit
You can add a package to a business unit to use the package on projects in the business unit and ensure consistency across projects within the business unit.
A package is a unit of work that is supplied by one sub-contractor organization. For example, a sub-contractor could supply carpentry and joinery work for a project.
Add a package to the highest level business unit within the business, so that it can be used in all the business units below. Once added, a business unit package can be selected when setting up a package on a project.
- In the Current Business Is field, select the highest level business unit within the business.
- Select .
- Click the Add button .
- (Required) In the Package Description field on the
Add Package window, enter a description of the type of
work for the package.This should not be the name of the organization that will do the work.
- (Required) In the Trade field, click , and in the Select
Trade window, select the check box next to one or more business
unit trades and click Save.Select the highest-level trade that the package includes. The package can have more than one trade associated with it.
- In the Our Reference field, enter
the reference number or code for the business package, for the business unit
that owns the project. The reference information will display on reports.
- In the Your Reference field, enter
the reference number or code for the business package, for the organization the
package is associated with.The reference information will display on reports.
- In the Resolution Period (days) field, enter the number of days allowed to resolve tasks associated with this package.
- Ensure the Active check box is selected to make the package available for use.
- In the Visibility field, select the option that indicates which business units can use this package. If you select Business Unit and Below, click to select the business unit.
- In the Owned By Business Unit field, click to select the business unit that owns the package.
- Click Save.
The business unit package is created, and can now be used when creating packages on projects.