Add a Business Process
You can add a business process to standardize tasks across projects and business units.
- Confirm that the correct business unit is selected in the Current Business Is field, and that no project is selected in the Current Project Is field.
- Select .
- Click the Add button .
- In the Process Name field in the right pane, enter a name for the process.
- In the Visibility area, select the option that indicates which business units can use this process. If you select Business Unit and Below, click to select the business unit.
- To change the business unit that owns this process, in the Owned By Business Unit field, click to select a different business unit.
- In the Default Geometry Classification box, select the check box for each geometry classification to associate with the process.
The list of classifications is created on the business setup. If you select a classification on the process and you select that classification on a location, the process is automatically assigned to the location.For example, let's say you have a classification called Bathroom. You then create a process for completing bathrooms and select Bathroom as the Default Geometry Classification. When you create locations for bathrooms, select the Bathroom classification to have Field View automatically assign the process to the location. This saves the step of having to manually assign processes to each location.
- Click the Save Changes button .Tip: To quickly add another process at the same level, click the Save changes and add another Process at the same level button instead.