Add/Edit Project Fields
Find descriptions of the Add/Edit Project fields.
- Project Name
- (Required) Enter a name for the project.
- Project Reference
- Enter reference information for the project, such as a project number, if needed.
- Client Project Reference
- Enter the client's reference information for the project, such as the client's project number, if needed.
- Project Type
- Select a type from the drop-down list. Note that you can add project types.
- Project Owner
- (Required) Select the business unit that is managing the project. This is usually the main contractor for the project.
- Organization Type
- (Required) Select the organization type that applies to the project owner.
- Start Date
- Type or click the drop-down arrow to select a date for the start of the project. This field defaults to the current date.
- End Date
- Type or click the drop-down arrow to select a date for the end of the project. The end date is the date that the project is no longer considered active. You can leave the end date blank if needed.
- Address Type
- Select Office or Site.
- Address fields
- Enter an address for the project.
- Time Zone
- (Required) Select a time zone for the project. Note that reports are emailed in the evening based on the time zone selected.
- (Required) Select a region. Note that this selection determines what format will be applied to the reports. This field also determines which Viewpoint data center stores the project. If the country is not listed, select the closest option.
- Default Package Name and Default Package Trade
- Viewpoint recommends that you leave these fields blank
when adding a project.
Once the project is created, you can add a package to it. For details, see Add a Package to a Project.
- Enter any notes about the project.
- Project CC Email Address
- Enter an email address to be associated with the project. Every project email will be sent to this email address. Keep in mind, this could be a large number of emails.
- Resolution Period (days)
- Enter the number of days allowed for project tasks to be
This can be set at the business level as well.
- View Original Tasks by Default
- When selected, users in your organization who have permissions to do so, can see all tasks on the project.
- View All Organisation's Forms by Default
- When selected, users in your organization who have permissions to do so, can see all forms on the project.
- Stamp Date/Time on Mobile Photos
- When selected, new photos containing the date and time the photo was taken will display this information at the bottom of the photo.
- Stamp GPS Coordinates on Mobile Photos
- When selected, new photos containing the GPS location where the photo was taken will display this information at the bottom of the photo.
- Select to activate the project.