Add a Task to a Business Unit
You can create a task, sometimes called a task type, in the business unit if it is needed for multiple projects throughout your business unit, and it doesn't exist in the business unit Tasks Library.
- Confirm that the correct business unit is selected in the Current Business Is field, and that no project is selected in the Current Project Is field.
- Select .
- Click the Add button .
- (Required) In the Add Task Type window, in the Task Type Name field, enter a name for the task type.
- (Required) In the Version field, enter a description of the version.
- If the task type is to be used in a process, select the Process Task Type check box.
In the Workflow list, click the workflow to use with this task type.
If you selected the Process Task Type check box, only process workflows are available in the list.
(Required) In the Task Group field, click the group
to which this task type belongs.
For Process tasks, this is usually Delivery.
- (Required) In the Task Type Colour field, click Choose and select the color for this task type to display on the dashboard.
In the Validity Start Date field, click the date the task type is available
Because you cannot view or edit the task until the start date, we recommend that you use today's date to ensure that the task is available immediately.
Leave the Expiry Date field blank.
Once the expiry date is reached, the task will no longer be available. We recommend not entering an expiration date because a task may be needed longer than originally expected.
- Ensure the Active check box is selected to make the task available for use.
- In the Visibility field, select the option that indicates which business units can use this task type. If you select Business Unit and Below, click to select the business unit.
- In the Owned By Business Unit field, click to select the business unit that owns the task type.
In the Task Fields grid, select the Visible check box for each field
that should be visible on the device for this task. Select the Required check box for each field
that should be required.
Option Use when you want... ActualFinishDate The actual task finish date to display. Required. ActualStartDate The actual task start date to display. Required. Cause Device user to select from a list of reasons the task is being done. Causes must have been assigned from the System Causes library to the project. CausedbyOrganization Device user to select from a list of organizations on the project. Recommended if you select Cause. Cost Device user to enter a cost. Not generally used because Field View is not used for invoicing. Description The description of the task to display on the device. GPS Device user to indicate the exact location using GPS. Primarily used in civil engineering projects where entering the location may not be accurate enough due to the scale of the project. If this field is marked as "Required," the user will not be able to save the task until a GPS fix has been attained. IssuedToOrganisation Device user to select from a list of project organizations. Organizations must have been added to the project. Package Device user to select from a list of project packages. Packages must have been added to the project. PercentageComplete Device user to enter a percentage in numbers. Photo Device user to add a photo related to the task from the device by taking a photo, or adding a saved photo. PlannedStartDate Device user to enter a date when the task is planned to start. Priority Device user to select from a list of priorities. See step 16. RemainingDuration Device user to enter a number. Resolution Device user to enter a description of the resolution of the task. Score Device user to select from a list of score descriptions. Reports will then display a score based on the score's value and weight. See step 17. TargetDate Device user to enter a date.
If you selected the Priority check box:
- Right-click on and select Add Priority.
- In the Priority Description field on the Add Priority window, enter a description of the priority.
- Click Save.
If you selected the Score check box:
- Right-click on and select Add Score.
- In the Score Description field on the Add Score window, add a description of the score.
In the Score Weight field, enter a
This indicates the importance of this score compared to other scores.
In the Numeral Score field, enter a
This is the numerical value of the score and can be used in calculating average scores.
- Click Save.
- In the Add Task Type window, click Save.