About Writeback Functionality
Note how UD forms that have been converted write back from Field View to Vista.
- Valid Fields
- The following Field View form fields will write back to Vista. Fields
other than the following will not.
Note: For Combo Box fields in Vista, when the Input is Combo Box, the Input Type must be Text in order for write-back to be supported.
- Predefined Answers (Lookups and Combo Box fields)
- Check boxes
- Company Based Forms
- For Company Based forms, a "Vista Company" predefined answer field is added to the Field View form template.
- Field View Form reference numbers
- To write back the Field View Form reference number to Vista, set up a field in the UD Form titled FieldViewFormReferenceNumber (must be exact) with a column control type of Textbox and input type of Text.
- Auto-incrementing Keys
- For a UD form with "Key" columns that are type "1-Auto value only" or "2-Auto value, but allow entry", if the form is converted to a Field View form template, the Key columns will be not be shown in Field View.
- When the form data is saved to Vista, the Key column will be auto-incremented.
- Manually entered Keys
- Manually entered Keys appear as required fields in Field View.
- Text Fields
- In Field View, the length of text fields is not constrained.
- After writeback to a UD form, if the text in a Field View form field exceeds the width of the corresponding UD form field in Vista, the text will be truncated.
- Number Fields
During writeback, if the value returned to Vista is
- a decimal, it will be rounded to fit the Vista type.
- larger than the Vista field type allows, it will fail to save.
- Date Fields
- Date and Month control type UD fields are both converted to date fields in Field View.
- When data from a Month field is saved to Vista, only the month part of the field is saved.
- Field View Location
- When a UD form is converted to Field View, a Location field is added to the form.
- When form data is saved to Vista, the Location field is ignored.