Overview of Setup for User Defined (UD) Forms and UD Lookups Integration
Review the setup steps to take advantage of UD forms and UD lookups integration.
- Review the System Requirements to make sure your system is configured to support UD forms and UD lookups integration.
- In Vista, identify the UD forms and/or UD lookups you
want to enable in Field View, and make sure they are selected as Enable for Field Capture.
Once selected, they will be available in Team to convert to Field View form
templates and predefined answers.
For details, see "Enable UD Forms Integration in Vista" and "Enable UD Lookups Integration Integration" in the 'Getting Started Guide' for UD integration on the Viewpoint Customer Portal.
- In Team,
convert UD forms and/or UD lookups.
- Identify the UD forms that you want to expose in Field View and convert them to form templates.
- Identify the UD lookups you want to expose in Field View and convert them to predefined answers in Field View.
For details, see "Convert UD Forms to Form Templates" and "Convert UD Lookups to Predefined Answers" in the Team help system.
- In Field View Classic, set permissions for the Vista Workflow.
See Set "Vista Workflow" Permissions in Field View. Then
locate the converted form templates and make them available to your
- Set permissions for the form template. See Set Permissions for a Vista Imported Form.
- Assign the form template to a project. See Assign a Vista Imported Form Template to a Project.
- In Field View Classic, apply the
predefined answers to forms in your project.
- Assign the Predefined Answer to a question on a form (using the Form Designer). See Add an Imported Predefined Answer Group to a Form Question
- Assign the updated form to a project.
- In the Field View (New or Classic) web application or Field
View mobile, begin using the imported form template or imported predefined
- You can add a form using the new template with the form type “Vista Imported Forms.”
- For the form that was updated with imported predefined answers, you can add a new instance of the form, and use predefined answers as options in the form.
For the complete UD integration setup instructions, see the 'Getting Started Guide' on the Viewpoint Customer Portal.