Add a Status to a Workflow Template
You can add statuses to a workflow template to define the states available in the workflow.
- Confirm that the correct business unit is selected in the Current Business Is field, and that no project is selected in the Current Project Is field.
- Select .
- Click on the workflow template to which you want to add statuses in the Workflow Templates area of the Workflow Templates screen.
- In the Workflow Template Statuses area, click Add.
- In the Workflow Template Status field on the Add Workflow Template Status screen, enter a name for the status.
- To add a color, click Choose, and then click a color. This color displays on the device or web application when you select the status. It also displays in reports.
Reds are often used to indicate open or not started statuses, though they can also be used to indicate rejected or other problem statuses.
Yellows are often used to indicate statuses configured as complete, but they can also be used to indicate in progress statuses.
Greens are often used to indicate statuses configured as closed and/or final.
- Select one or more check boxes as appropriate for this status to aid analysis of forms, tasks, and locations or processes:
Status Type Description Complete It is often used to mean that the work is done, but has not yet been inspected or accepted. Only one status in a workflow can be set to Complete. Closed The status before Final. A number of statuses can be configured as Closed, for example, a Rejected status might be Closed, but not Final. You can configure a Closed status as Final as well. Final A task or form with a status of Final cannot be edited or deleted unless the status is changed. This status is generally used to mean The End, and it often follows a Closed status. However, you can configure a Closed status as Final as well. Read Only Form Answers Prevents device users from editing the form. A device user may be able to change the status to another that then allows editing. Read Only Actions, Attachments and Comments Prevents device users from adding Actions, Comments, and Images to a form after the form has become read only. A device user may be able to change the status to another that then allows adding Actions, Comments, and Images. Signature Required Requires the device user to provide a signature before being allowed to save a new status.
- The Device Synced Status and Media Synced check boxes manage data or photographs and other media for a project when users sync their devices. Clearing these options for a status removes project data that’s no longer needed to save storage space and reduce clutter on the device. By default, both check boxes are selected and all data is synced to the devices for every status. Regardless of what’s selected, all data is always visible on the web site.
If you want tasks or forms set to this status to be removed when the user syncs their device, clear the Device Synced Status check box.
Processes and assets are unaffected by this.
If you want media which is assigned to tasks, forms or processes set with this status to be removed when the user syncs their device, clear the Media Synced check box.
Assets are unaffected by this.
- Click Save.