Add a Location or Asset Classification
If the default list of location and asset classifications does not include the classification you need, you can add one.
- Confirm that the correct business unit is selected in the Current Business Is field, and that no project is selected in the Current Project Is field.
- Point to Locations And Assets Classifications. , and then click
- In the Locations And Assets Classifications screen, use the Search pane to confirm that the classification you need does not already exist. Enter search criteria and click Search. If the classification exists, you can stop with this step.
- To add a classification, click .
- In the Add Element Classification window, enter a name in the Classification Description field.
- In the Type list, select either Location or Asset.
- Leave the Active check box selected.
- In the Visibility section, determine which business units will have access to this classification. If you select Business Unit and Below, you can click to select a specific business unit.
- The Owned By Business Unit field defaults to the current business unit. Click to select from a list of business units.
- Click Save.