Upload or Replace a Drawing
Upload a new or replacement drawing from your computer by browsing or by using drag and drop.
Plan drawing files must be either .pdf or .jpg.
- Field View must have been configured to integrate with VFP, and
- your Viewpoint For
Projects credentials must have been accepted by
For more information, see Enable Viewpoint For Projects in Field View.
To upload a drawing or replace one already uploaded:
- Go to Drawings in new web by clicking .
- Confirm you're working in the correct project.
Location you want to upload or replace a drawing
Note: If your plan drawing includes several locations and location tiers, select the highest level to which the entire drawing pertains.
For example, consider a multi-floor apartment block with multiple apartments made up of several rooms on each floor. If your plan drawing illustrates all the apartments and rooms on the first floor, select the Location representing the first floor.
- If the Location is eligible for a drawing upload, the right pane displays the UPLOAD DRAWING button. Go to the next step.
- If the Location is eligible for a drawing replacement, click the ellipses and select REPLACE DRAWING.
- If the plan drawing you are adding is in color, select the Convert to Grayscale check box.
- If the file resolution of the plan drawing is larger than 300 DPI, select 300 (Default) in the Upload At DPI list.
- Drag the .pdf or .jpg drawing file onto the screen.
UPLOAD DRAWING and navigate to and
select the drawing file. You can
- upload from your computer, or
- upload directly from
VFP.If your Field View account is not already linked to your VFP account, you are prompted to link them in order to access the VFP file.Note: Linked accounts provide a streamlined experience, more so when only one Field View account is linked to a VFP account. If you use VFP credentials that have already been linked to another FV account, the linkage works only until you log out of Field View - it does not persist across sessions.