Add Tasks to a Business Process Template
Create the list of action items that need to be completed.
- one or more Task Types, and
- one or more Business Unit Packages.
Confirm you're working in the correct business
unit and select
.The grid is sorted alphabetically by Process Template Name. To sort it differently for this session, click any other column header.
In the Ref column, select the
Process you want to work with.
You are directed to the Tree view of the Business Process template.
- Click the ellipses located right of the Process template name and select Add Task.
In the Process Task Description
field, enter a description for the process task.
Tip: Consider starting each task description with a number to clearly identify the order the tasks within the process should be completed.Note: This field accommodates all special characters, except:
- forward slash
Even if entered, these two aren't retained.
(Optional) In the Process Task Description -
Detailed field, enter a detailed description for the Process
Anyone with permission to view the Task can view this description.
- In the Task Type field, select the task type.
- (Optional) In the Business Unit Package field, select the business unit package to which the Process Task belongs.
(Optional) If you want the assigned organisation
to capture specific information about the Task, assign a Form to it.
Note: You can assign a blank Form template to the Task and update it later, as long as you assign it before the Process is deployed.
In the Associated Form Type
field, select the Form Type to be created with the Task.
The Name field appears.
- In the Name field, select the name of the Form to create with the Task.
- If completing the Form is to be required, select the Form Required check box. The Form will have to be completed before the Task can be closed.
Once a Process is being used on a Project Location, you can no longer update any of the Process Task attributes other than the description fields. This means if a Form is needed on the Task, you must add a Form Template before the Process is deployed, even if the Form template hasn't been set up yet. Thereafter, when the Form is raised for the Task, it will use the updated version of the template.
- In the Associated Form Type field, select the Form Type to be created with the Task.
- Click Save.
Project-level permissions don't include the ability to assign a business-level Process template to a Project. Therefore, project-level users rely on business-level users to assign this Business Process to their Projects.