Add Tasks to a Project Process
Add Tasks to an already-deployed Project Process to augment the list of action items that need to be completed.
In the event you find yourself adding Tasks to a Project Process that has not yet been deployed, consider these points:
- A Project Process is most commonly the product of assigning a Business Process template to a Project.
- Business Process templates normally already consist of the needed Tasks for a Project.
- You should consider whether the Business Process template itself also needs the Task(s) added to it as well.
Confirm you're working in the correct project and
.The grid's default sort order is the Process Name column. Click any other column header to sort by it instead.
In the Ref column, select the
Process you want to work with.
You are directed to the Tree view of the Project Process.
- Click the ellipses located right of the Process name and select Add Task.
In the Process Task Description
field, enter a description for the process task.
Tip: Consider starting each task description with a number to clearly indicate to the desired order the tasks within the process should be completed, keeping in mind that if you later add a step, this naming convention may require updating the description.Note: This field accommodates all special characters, except:
- forward slash
Even if entered, these two aren't retained.
In the Process Task Description -
Detailed field, enter a detailed description for the process
Anyone with permission to view the Task can view this description.
- In the Task Type field, select the task type.
In the Package field, select the
Package the Task belongs to.
The Issued to Organisation field updates automatically with the organisation associated with the Package for this Project.
- If more than one organisation is associated with the Package, you can opt to change the entry in the Issued to Organisation field by first clicking the drop-down arrow.
(Optional) If you want the assigned organisation
to capture specific information about the Task, assign a Form to it.
Note: You can assign a blank Form template to the Task and update it later, as long as you assign it before the Process is deployed.
In the Associated Form Type
field, select the Form Type to be created with the Task.
The Name field appears.
- In the Name field, select the name of the Form to create with the Task.
- If completing the Form is to be required, select the Form Required check box. The Form will have to be completed before the Task can be closed.
Once a Process is being used on a Project Location, you can no longer update any of the Process Task attributes other than the description fields. This means if a Form is needed on the Task, you must add a Form Template before the Process is deployed, even if the Form template hasn't been set up yet. Thereafter, when the Form is raised for the Task, it will use the then-current, updated version of the template.
- In the Associated Form Type field, select the Form Type to be created with the Task.
- Click Save.
- If additional Tasks are needed, repeat these steps.
- If you want to modify the prescribed order of Task completion, drag and drop each Task to the desired location in the Tree.
- If warranted, add the Task(s) to the Business Process template to standardise and save time.
- If not already done, assign the new Task to an organisation and/or assign this Project Process to a location.