Assign a Business Process to a Project
Business Processes templates are powerful, but they are templates only. In order to deploy the Tasks that make up the Business Process, first you must assign the Process to the Project.
- View Process
- Add Process
- Assign Form Template
- Assign Task Type
In addition, you need project-level permission to any project(s) you want to assign the Business Process template to.
- Confirm you're
working in the correct business unit and select .The list of existing Business Processes appears.
- Left of the Ref column, select the check box for each Process that you want to assign to one or more projects.
- Click .A new window appears.
- Select the check box next to each Project that you want the Process(es) to be assigned to.Note: The list of Projects
- If a Project you seek doesn't appear in the list, it's because you don't have the permissions to that project.
- Project names appearing in the list as greyed out and selected have already had all selected Process(es) assigned.
- Click Assign Process Templates.
- Generates a Project Process using the Business Process template.
- Places the record in the Project Processes setup area, found at .
- Assigns any Task Types or Form Templates that are not already assigned to the Project.Note: When a Project is first created in Field View, a requirement is to assign the pertinent Task Types and Form Templates. If any Projects you've just selected need any Task Types or Form Templates assigned based on the Process you've just assigned, Field View assigns them automatically at this time.
If all Tasks are already assigned, you may deploy it by assigning this Project Process to a Location.