Assign a Project Process to a Location or Asset
Assigning a Project Process to at least one Location or Asset on the Project is what makes the Tasks actionable.
- Confirm you're working in the correct project and select .
- Left of the Ref column, select the check box for each Process that you want to assign to one or more Locations.
- Click .A new window appears.
- Select the radio button next to the assignment option that best suits your current need.
Once you make a selection, if you want to change it, click Back.
- Select Locations and Assets - provides a complete list of Locations and Assets to choose from; best when precision is key.
- Bulk Geometry Options - provides options to assign the Process(es) to geometries based on type and level.
- Assign By Classification - provides options to assign the Process(es) to geometries based on associated Classification.
- Make your selections according to the options presented.
- Click Assign.The Field View application makes the changes in the background, which may take some time.
- If any Tasks from the Process have moved beyond their initial status, you should avoid unassigning the Location, but you won't be prevented from doing so.
- The only element of the Process that can be modified is the description.
- The Process can be removed from the Project only if all Tasks are in their initial status or all are in their final status.