Mobile - What's New
The following are new or enhanced features in the Field View mobile app in 2017-R1.
Add Filters to Tasks and Forms to iOS and Windows Devices
You can now filter tasks and forms on iOS and Windows devices, saving time searching for tasks and forms by narrowing the results by status, type, package date, and more.
Add Forms Capabilities to iOS and Windows Devices
- You can save time when completing a form by using the Mark all as good option, which completes all questions on a form that have a “good” answer. “Good” answers can be configured in a Form template on the web application for logical, predefined, and text question types.
- You can view information about the form, including: Owned By, Location, and Date/Time Raised.
Add Task Capabilities to iOS and Windows Devices
- You can copy and paste tasks from one location to another in Plan view or
Location view, saving you time on task creation by reusing existing tasks in new
- Comments, photos, and workflow status are not copied, because they won’t be relevant for the copied task.
- Target finish date, location, and GPS (where enabled) are updated based on the copied to location.
- You can set the status on multiple tasks at the same time to either Complete or Closed. You can apply a single signature to all tasks in the group that require sign-off.
Add Photo Markups to iOS and Windows Devices
- Set line color
- Set line/outline weight
- Set fill for shapes
- Add text
- Cancel changes
Updated Interface for iOS and Windows Devices
The app interface has been updated and modernized for iOS and Windows devices. This includes a new collapsed menu in the top, left corner of the app, allowing you easily access the functionality you need, when you need it. This “hamburger” menu will provide access to additional functionality as it is added in future releases.
- After upgrading, the app starts a fresh work session to prevent sync issues.