Web - What's New
The following are new or enhanced features in the Field View web application in 2017-R1.
Task Management Enhancements
- Add, edit, and delete comments on a task ().
- Upload and attach documents to a task ().
- Upload and attach images to a task ().
- Export the list of tasks to a CSV. If filters are applied, only the filtered data is exported. Select .
- Create the Task Information Report in PDF format. Select .
- Create the Tasks Status Summary Report in PDF format. Select .
- View the status audit trail, which is a list of all changes to the workflow status for a task. Click and select Status Audit.
- View the complete audit trail for a task and export it to a CSV file. Click and select Full Audit Trail.
Form Management Enhancements
- Add, edit, and delete comments on a form ().
- Upload and attach images to a form ().
- Upload and attach documents to a form ().
- The file size limit is now 20 MB for documents and images on tasks and forms.
- Add a user while signing a form. The Add Signature window then displays the new user information. On the Add Signature window, click next to Person.
- Click the Calculate button to answer a calculation question in a form based on answers to other questions on the form.
- Once an answer has been calculated, the calculation is automatically updated when answers that affect the calculation are changed.
- Complete questions on a form that use conditional logic.
- Mark unanswered questions on a form as good, which completes all questions on a form that have a “good” answer. “Good” answers can be configured in a Form template on the web application for logical, predefined, and text question types. Click .
- View the list of un-answered questions that are required on a form. Click .
- Search the list of forms or tasks by REF (Form/Task ID).
- Import from question banks when answering questions in a dynamic table group on a form.
- Export the list of forms to a CSV. If filters are applied, only the filtered data is exported. Click .
- Select distribution lists for emailing the form. Click and select Distribute.
Updated Interface for New Web Application
- You can now control which columns are displayed on the Task and Form screens and set the order of the columns, allowing you to see the information that is relevant to you and the size of your screen. Click to configure the columns in the list.
- A menu for additional actions now appears on the right of each task and form listed on the Tasks and Forms screens, streamlining the list of items on the Actions menu.
- The Filters button on the Tasks and Forms screens now appears on the left and the Filter button appears in blue when a filter is applied.
Updated Login Screen
The login screen has been updated to include communications directly from Viewpoint, when needed. Information may include tips about what’s new in the product and links to additional information.
- When you drill-down through locations in Filters, the list of tasks or forms is now only updated when you select the check box for a location.
- To improve the usability of the application, the buttons available for Tasks and Forms now always appear in the same order.
- To improve the usability of the application, a new menu has been added to each Form answer for infrequently used options, such as Add New Answer, Audit Trail, and Delete Answer ().