Mobile - What's New
The following are new or enhanced features in the Field View mobile app in 2017-R2.
Create Form PDFs Devices
You can now filter create a PDF of a form from the Field View app, saving you the steps of syncing the form and then accessing the web application to print it. PDFs are created without the additional options available through the web application.
Manage Processes on iOS and Windows Devices
- Update the workflow status for a process.
- View the processes for a location and see the total number of processes for the location.
- Edit the details for a process task, including adding a signature.
- Attach an associated form where needed.
Scan Barcodes on iOS and Windows Devices
- Scan a location barcode to access that location on the device.
- Scan a form barcode to open the existing form on the device.
- Scan a form barcode to create a new form for the location if the form didn’t already exist.
Dashboard on iOS and Windows Devices
The dashboard is now available on iOS and Windows devices, providing you a fast and convenient overview of the status of items. The dashboard shows cards with set filters for specific items (tasks, forms, or processes) and the number of items that meet the criteria. Tap a dashboard card to see the filtered items in the location or plan view. The dashboard in the app is still being developed. Expect more functionality in upcoming releases.
- System messages now display on the login screen of the app in a “news feed” and appear in a popup window when you log in. Click OK to indicate that you have read the message.
- You can access previously read messages from the menu on the app.
- You can now search for a form or task using the Form ID or Task ID on iOS and Windows devices.
- Colors associated with location workflows are now displayed on iOS and Windows devices, like they are on Android devices. Workflows assigned to locations can be updated from the Action panel.
- The performance of the annotation feature has been enhanced for lower powered iOS and Windows devices.