Web - What's New
The following are new or enhanced features in the Field View web application in 2017-R2.
When you log in to the Field View web application, you will see a brand new dashboard! The dashboard displays critical data to monitor project health, progress, and risk – providing the information you need to keep your projects on budget and on schedule.
The dashboard is in the new Field View web application, where you can now work with tasks, forms, processes, and assets. Click Field View in the header to return to the dashboard.
The additional functionality of the previous web application is just a click away! We are renaming the previous Field View web application “Field View Classic”. Click Field View Classic in the header to access the classic web application.
- Click the Tab Settings button to add and manage the tabs on the dashboard.
- Click the Add Widget button to add a new widget to the current tab.
- Click the Edit Filters button to add a filter to a widget.
- Click the Delete button to delete a widget from the dashboard.
- You can drag and drop widgets to move them on a tab.
- Click the Refresh button to update a widget with changed data.
The new dashboard is not available in Internet Explorer 10 and older. If you are using Internet Explorer 10, click Field View Classic in the header to access the classic web application.
Process Management Enhancements
- View the list of processes for a project. Filter the list and select the columns to display.
- Update the status of a process. Click List to view more details and access additional options.
- Update multiple process task statuses at a time using the List view.
- View associated forms and tasks for a process ().
- Add, edit, and delete comments on a process ().
- Upload and attach documents to a process ().
- Upload and attach images to a process ().
- Create the Process Summary Report in PDF format. Select .
- Create the Process Performance Report in PDF format. Select .
- Create the Planned Start/Finish Report in PDF format. Select .
- Create the Sign Off Sheet Report in PDF format. Select .
- View the status audit trail, which is a list of all changes to the workflow status for a process. Click and select Status Audit.
- View the complete audit trail for a task and export it to a CSV file. Click and select Full Audit Trail.
- Click Summary to see an overview of the processes by location, including the workflow status and how many processes are completed.
Asset Management Enhancements
- View the list of assets for a project. Filter the list and select the columns to display.
- Update the status of an asset.
- View associated forms and tasks for an asset ().
- Add, edit, and delete comments on an asset ().
- Upload and attach documents to an asset ().
- Upload and attach images to an asset ().
- Update the quantity of the asset.
- Export the list of assets to a CSV. If filters are applied, only the filtered data is exported. Select .
- View the status audit trail, which is a list of all changes to the workflow status for an asset. Click and select Audit Trail.
- Links on the login page are now tailored to your specific location.
- The Process Summary view in the new web application prompts you to switch to the list view when you view it on a smaller screen, such as a tablet.
- System messages now display in a popup window when you log in to the new web application.
- When duplicate package names are used on a project, the list of packages shows the Organization next to each package for easy identification.
- Predefined answer colors now appear in form answers in the new web application.
- If you have filters applied to the list of processes in the new web application, those filters are applied when you create process reports.