What's New in 2019-R6
The sixth release of Viewpoint Field View™ in 2019 brings you more mobile enhancements, greater control over forms, improved APIs, and fixes for customer-reported mobile and web issues.
Attach documents on a mobile device
Mobile users can provide content and additional information by uploading select file types – PDFs, Word, Excel, and video – from a mobile device, to existing tasks, forms, or form questions. This functionality is only available when connected to the internet and augments the existing photo upload capability. For details and instructions, see Attach Files from a Mobile Device.
- a new task, form, or form question requires you to first sync the item, then upload files to it.
- maximum file size is 20 MB. For many videos, this is around 8-12 seconds.
Restrict form questions from being edited
In the Form Designer, you can now secure Form groups and the questions within, so that any data you enter is locked, and can only be edited by those assigned permission to the secured group(s) at the form template level. Users who lack the required permissions can view grouped questions, but cannot edit the answers. For more info, see Insert a Question Group into a Form Template.
These APIs have new customer-requested parameters and responses. Select each link to see additional details.
- GetProjectFormsListUpdated() - better information for when items have been changed, regardless of whether they were updated on Web or Mobile.
- GetProjectFormsList() - a new option to include deleted items in the request, plus better information for when items have been changed, regardless of whether they were updated on Web or Mobile.
- GetProjectFormTemplates() - you can now include templates that have been unassigned from the project.