Create an SM Purchase Order
Create an SM Purchase Order from the Purchase Order Dashboard as you would a standard purchase order. When you create the header, select New SM Purchase Order from the +New Item dropdown. This allows you create an SM purchase order. When you submit an SM purchase order in the portal, the PO is processed in Vista.
- Access your PO Dashboard, ( ).
- Select + New Item, and then select New SM Purchase Order.
- In the header, select the PO Company for your Sm purchase order, and enter a Description. You will not be able to save your header until you have entered a description.
- If your PO needs to go through Receiving, turn receiving on. This may be defaulted on or off per your Company’s preference.
- Select the Vendor for your PO. The Vendor dropdown populates with the top 10 vendors used on processed PO's, if your vendor is not in the dropdown, you can select the globe icon to search your company’s AP Vendor.
Select Save Header. After you have saved your PO, you
will be able to add SM line items.
- If you need to delete your header, select the down arrow next to the blue save button and select Delete Header. If your PO has line items this will delete your whole PO.
- Enter the information each line. All fields in red must be filled out in order to save your PO.
- At the bottom or to the far right of your line item (depending on your screen size), click the More button to Edit Notes, Copy Item, or Delete.
- After you have entered all required information you will be able to assign your PO. This will give you the PO number, but will not submit the PO in Vista.
- When you are finished, select Submit PO. This will process the SM purchase order in Vista. You will not be able to modify the PO in the portal after this point, but you will be able to find the details and View Item Details and Print the PO under the Processed Purchase Orders on the PO Dashboard.