PO Pending Configuration
The PO Pending feature allows users to submit POs to be reviewed and approved before being processed.
- Before you can begin using PO Pending in the portal you will need to have configured Vista’s WF Workflow Process. This feature strictly follows the purchase order approval workflow as it is set up in Vista.
- Review and confirm that each VA User in Vista has the Payroll Company and Employee number are filled in and only associated with a single VA User Profile.
- If you would like users to be able to modify the GL Accounts in Pending PO for
jobs or equipment, enable the following settings in Vista:
- For jobs, select Allow GL Account Override when posting costs. , and then select the check box for
- For equipment, select Allow GL Account Override. , and then select the check box for
- If you would like your purchase orders to auto close on Final Invoice, check to make sure this is enabled on the Prevent Auto Close on the PO Pending header. This is only available in Vista versions 6.18 and above. If this is enabled, users will be able to select
- If you have not already, follow the configuration steps found in Purchase Order Configuration.
- Select License Type of Field Management or Financial Controls to ensure your counts are added correctly. , and filter to Purcase Orders. For each user who will be creating POs, select the
- Continuing on the User Access page, assign both those who will be submitting and those who will be approving to the Pending PO assignment. Both will have the PO Dashboard added to their Financial Controls and Field Tools navigation bar drop-downs.
- Select Allow all users to see all reserved PO and requisitions. . To allow PO users to see requisitions and reserved POs submitted by all users, select
- Pending purhcase orders are auto-processed after the final reviewer approves the PO. To restrict pending POs from being auto-processed by non-admins, enable the portal setting Restrict Pending PO Processing to PO Admins.
- Review the remaining settings. These settings are not required but may contain options that you want to modify.