Configure SMS Messages
To configure SMS messages, you will need to track the cell phone carrier for each employee as a user-defined field in Vista. Then you can allow users to update their SMS settings through Personal Info or Paperless Consent.
Create a user-defined combo box with the values for each of your
- Set the DatabaseValue to the Email to SMS address available from your carrier.
- Set the DisplayValue to the carrier name (no special format required).
In the VA Custom Fields Wizard
), create a user-defined field on PR Employees called
As you complete the wizard:
- Use a text field type, with an approximate length of 100 characters.
- Add this field to the tab of your choice in PR Employees.
- Be sure to select 3-Combobox as the Control to use.
- Create a user-defined combo box with the values for each of your carriers ( ).
In your employee portal:
- Select .
Note: Refresh synonyms during off-peak hours at your company. The portal may be unavailable for a few minutes during the refresh.
.Note: You must be a Personal Info Admin to access the Request Settings page. Assign admins in .
On the Request Settings
page, select the udCellPhoneCarrier from the drop-down, and select
- For Update Mode, select Update PR Only.
- For Approval Workflow, select Approval Required Before Update.
- Grant users access to edit their SMS settings. See Allow Users to Edit Their SMS Settings for details.