Add Roles and Responsibilities
You can create discipline-based roles with responsibilities in a BIM project and assign project stakeholders to these roles.
- In the navigation tree, select a BIM container to display the BIM Home page.
- Click Configure Project Protocols and select the Roles tab if not already selected.
- Click Edit.
Click Define a New Role.
A blank row is added to the table.
- In the Discipline field of the blank row, select a job function from the drop-down list (for example, Building Owner).
- In the Name field, enter the name for the role in your project.
- Optional: In the Notes field, enter any comments or notes about the role.
- In the Members field, click .
On the New Role Members pop-up, select the check box for
each user you want to assign to the role and click
Close to return to the Roles
By default, the New Role Members pop-up displays all profiles, distribution groups, and security groups. You can filter the users displayed by deselecting the check box for one of these items or by entering text in the search field to filter based on name.
- In the Associated Container field, click .
In the Select a Container to Associate Against Your BIM
Role pop-up, select the check box for the container that you want
to assign to the role and click Close to return to the
You can select from any virtual container that exists under your BIM container and has not already been associated with another role.
- Click Save.