Before you can upload an item to a Project, you need to create a container to store it in. Containers act like folders, allowing you to organize items by creating a folder structure and grouping items together.
- If you already have a folder structure on your computer that you want to recreate in Viewpoint For Projects™, you can use the Desktop App to automatically create a container structure that mimics your folder structure.
- After you create a container, you can set permissions and security groups to control who can view and interact with the container.
- You can create a container that is also an email drop box or you can convert an existing container into an email drop box.
- You can assign the statuses that are available to be applied to items in each container and set a default status for items uploaded to each container.
- You can create a tender container to manage bids from.