Create Document Containers
Create a document container where you and other users can upload items such as documents and drawings. If you are not sure what kind of container to create, a document container is a great place to start.
Document containers can be created at the Enterprise, Site, or Project level, or inside another document container.
You can create document containers from Viewpoint For Projects™ or from the Desktop App.
- Right-click where you want to create the document container and go to
.The Container Setup Wizard will appear.
- Enter a Name and Description for the container.
- If you want to make this a private container, select Private under Private Security.
- Decide if you want the document container to be public and make appropriate selections in Public Files.
Decide if you want other users to receive notifications when activity happens in this container. Under Default Email Recipient, select the activity that you want to notify users, then select the users you want to receive notifications.
Option Description Add Select this check box if recipients should be notified when new items are added to the container. Edit Select this check box if recipients should be notified when items in the container are edited. Revise Select this check box if recipients should be notified when new revisions are created within the container.Important: Recipients will be able to see all items uploaded to this container.If you leave the Recipients field blank, the container will inherit the recipients from the Enterprise, Site, Project or container that you created it in. You can view, add, and remove Recipients any time by right-clicking on the container and going to . You can also remove any users inherited from the Enterprise, Site, or Project.
- If you want to your document container to be an email drop box also, expand the Email Drop Box section and perform the following steps:
- Select Email Dropbox.
- In the Drop Box Email Address field, enter the address of the drop box, and then click the Check Availability icon to verify that the email address has not already been used on another drop box.
- Select the Item Status that should be assigned to the items that are emailed to the drop box.
- Select the Message Type of incoming emails.For example, select PDF if you want the emails sent to the drop box to be saved as PDFs.Note: If you want to discard the email and save only email attachments, select exclude.
- If attachments included in the email should be created as separate items, select Yes from Extract Attachments.
- If you want to make some fields mandatory when users create items, click the plus icon next to Field Preferences and set the fields you want to make mandatory to True.
- Click Finish and click Close.