Create Dynamic Virtual Containers
You can create a Dynamic Virtual Container to collect different types of items into one container. If an item is added to a dynamic virtual container and then revised, the item will be automatically update in the Dynamic Virtual Container, so the container will always show only the latest version of items in it.
The following video is from the Trimble course on learning VFP. Watch the video or use the written steps below to learn how to create dynamic virtual containers.
- Right-click on the Project or document container where you want to create the dynamic virtual container and go to .Dynamic Container Details appears.
- Enter a Name and Description for your container.Your user account information will populate in Owner by default.
- Select the Classifications Plus sign to add classifications to your container. Use the Filter by Table or Search fields to narrow down the classification tables. Select the check box for the classifications to add to your container and click OK.
- If users should be able to view the contents of this container even if they do not have access to the original location of the items, select Direct Access.This option displays if you are creating the static virtual container at the Project level only.
- If you want the container to be public so you can share a link to the container with people that are not users of Viewpoint For Projects™, select Is Public.
- If you selected the Is Public check box in the previous step, the Enforce Workflow check box appears and is selected by default. Leave the check box selected if you want to enforce visibility restrictions that may be imposed by a workflow on documents that are accessed using the public link. Deselect the check box if you want to remove workflow visibility restrictions and make in-progress documents available through the public link.
- If public users should be able to see all revisions of the items in the container, select All Revisions public.If this is left unselected, users will see the latest revision only.
- If you want the container to remain public for a specified period of time, select Days Until Expiry and enter a date and time.
- To add items to the container, click Add/Remove Attachments under Contents and browse for items to add to the container.
- Click OK.
- To build another container, select Create Another. Otherwise, choose Close.