Create Static Virtual Containers
You can create a Static Virtual Containers to collect different types of items into one container. Static Virtual Containers are a snapshot in time of a set of items because you specify the revision you want to display in the container and it does not automatically update if there is a revision.
Static virtual containers can only be created in a Project or in a document container. Watch the video or use the steps below to learn how to create static virtual containers.
- Right-click on a project and go to .The Static Container Details window appears.
- Enter a Name and Description for your container.Your user account information will populate in Owner by default.
- If users should be able to view the contents of this container even if they do not have access to the original location of the items, select Direct Access.This option displays if you are creating the static virtual container at the Project level only.
- If you want the container to be public so you can share a link to the container with people that are not users of Viewpoint For Projects™, select Is Public.
- If you selected the Is Public check box in the previous step, the Enforce Workflow check box appears and is selected by default. Leave the check box selected if you want to enforce visibility restrictions that may be imposed by a workflow on documents in the container. Deselect the check box if you want to remove any visibility restrictions and make workflow documents available through the public link.
- If public users should be able to see all revisions of the items in the container, select All Revisions public.If this is left unselected, users will see the latest revision only.
- If you want the container to remain public for a specified period of time, select Days Until Expiry and enter a date and time.
- To add items to the container, click Add/Remove Attachments under Contents and browse for items to add to the container.
- In Revision Details, define the default revision and revision status for items in the container.
- If you want users to be notified when there is new activity in this container, select Notify by Email and select Recipients.
- Click OK.
- To build another container, select Create Another. Otherwise, choose Close.