Create Task Containers
Before you can create tasks, you need to create a task container that they will be stored in.
Right click on the project where you would like to create the task container and navigate to
.The Task Folder Configuration Form displays.
- Enter a Name and Description for the task container.
Under Timescale Properties, enter the default number of days allowed for completion of tasks in this container in Days From.
For example, enter 10 in this field if, by default, the tasks in this container should be completed in 10 days.If you want task creators to be able to change the default due date, select Due Date is Editable. If you do not select this, the default due date will apply to all tasks created in this container.
If you want to set up reminder emails to be sent automatically to task assignees and recipients, select Allow Email Reminders.
You can configure the frequency and timing of the reminder emails when you create tasks.
To specify which users can be assigned tasks in this container, add them in Task Assignees.
If you enter users into Task Assignees, only those users will be available to assign tasks to in this container.
- If there are users that you want to notify when tasks are added to this container, enter them in Recipients. If you want only Recipients to view the tasks in this container, select Private.
- If you want to be able to create new tasks by email, select Email Drop Box to create an email drop box.
- If you want to make some fields mandatory when users create tasks, click the plus icon next to Field Preferences and set the fields you want to make mandatory to True.
- Click Finish and click OK.