Invite a User to Join an Enterprise, Site, or Project
Invite a user to join an enterprise, site, or project by having Viewpoint For Projects™ send the user an email with access instructions.
You can add an existing user to a new enterprise or add an entirely new user account.
- Right-click on an enterprise, site, or project and select
.The Invitation Wizard appears.
- If you are adding an entirely new user account, enter user information in the following fields: Forename, Surname,
Email Address, and Organization.
If the user does not already exist, a blank record appears with a blue icon.
- If you are adding a second account for a user that already exists, search for the users you want to send the invitation to.
If the user already exists, their user record displays underneath the Add New User field with a red icon and a second account is created with their details.
- Enter the user's email address in the field at the top of the form. For multiple users, use a semicolon to separate email addresses.
- Press Enter to search for the user(s) within the database.
- To associate a user with an existing
organization, enter the first two letters of the organization's name and then
select it from the list that appears. To create a new organization if the one
you are searching for does not exist, click Add New Organization.
- Select the check box for each user that requires an invitation and click Next.
- Select the Security Group that you want to apply to the user(s). Use the Search field if the security group that you would like to select exists but is not displayed, or click Add New to create a new security group.
- Select the user(s) that you want to associate with the selected security group.
- Click Apply to add the selected users to the selected security group.The security group displays in the lower portion of the form.Note: To remove a selected security group, select the check box for the group in the lower portion of the form and click Remove selected group(s).
- Click Next.
- Select the Distribution Group that you want to apply to the user(s). Use the Search field if the distribution group that you would like to select exists but is not displayed, or click Add New to create a new distribution group.
- Select the user(s) that you want to associate with the selected distribution group.
- Click Apply to add the selected users to the selected distribution group.The distribution group displays in the lower portion of the form.Note: To remove a selected distribution group, select the check box for the group in the lower portion of the form and click Remove selected group(s).
- Click Next.
- In the Batch Name field, enter a name for the invitation.
By default, the name will be populated with the enterprise the invitation is being sent from, along with the date (dd/mm/yyyy) and time.
- In the Days Until Expiry field, enter the number of days that the invitations will remain active.
- If the invitations should be sent immediately, leave the Dispatch this invitation to everyone now check box selected. If you clear this check box, you can open or edit the invitations or send them at a later date.
- Enter any additional text to append to the email body.
- (Optional) Click Add/Remove Attachments to to manage invitation attachments.
- Click Finish. The invitation is sent, the user is assigned to their selected security and distribution groups, and the status of the invitation is changed to Dispatched.