Create a New Security Group
If you need a security group with permissions that are different than the default security groups, you can create a new one and configure the permissions to reflect what you need.
- Right-click on the site or project that you want to add the security group to and select .
- Enter a Name.
- Select Collaborate if the users in this group should be able to interact with other groups in the enterprise.
- Optional: Select a security group from Security Group Template if you want to use an existing security group as a template. This can save you time if you are creating a security group that is similar to one that already exists.
- Add/Remove Members until you have added all of the users you want in the security group.
- Click Finish and Close.
- To configure permissions for the security group, right-click on the site or project that you created the security group for and select .
- Select the security group from Group or Profile Permissions.
- In Permissions, select the permission configuration that you want for this security group.
Permission Check Box If you want the users in this security group to be allowed to perform the action
If this is greyed out, this security group is inheriting the permission from a security group at a higher level. You can change the permissions of the higher security group if you want to allow access to that action for this security group.
If you don't want the users in this security group to be able to perform the action Leave Allow and Deny unselected. If the users in this security group have permissions from a higher security group and you don't want the users in this security group to be able to perform the action
Selecting Deny takes precedence over an Allow selection in another security group.
- Click OK.