Edit the Permissions on an Item
By default, items inherit permissions from the container they are in. You can change the permissions on an item to override the permissions that it inherited from the container.
Right-click on the mouse icon next to the item and select Permissions.
The Permissions window appears.
Deselect Inherit Parent Permissions.
Warning: This breaks the permissions inheritance from the container above.Click OK in the warning message that appears.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK in the warning message that appears.
- If you want to add a new security group or new user to have permissions, click Add Group or Add User and select them.
- If you want to remove a security group or user from having permissions, select the security group or user from Group or Profile Permissions, click Remove, and click Yes to confirm.
- If you want to change the specific permissions, select the security group or user from Group or Profile Permissions.
In Permissions, select the permission configuration that you want for this security group.
Permission Check Box If you want the users in this security group to be allowed to perform the action
If this is greyed out, this security group is inheriting the permission from a security group at a higher level. You can change the permissions of the higher security group if you want to allow access to that action for this security group.
If you don't want the users in this security group to be able to perform the action Leave Allow and Deny unselected. If the users in this security group have permissions from a higher security group and you don't want the users in this security group to be able to perform the action
Selecting Deny takes precedence over an Allow selection in another security group.
- Click Apply and click OK in the warning message that appears.