Add a Document Node
A document node creates an additional document and can also send an optional email notification to alert users of the additional document and its location. The new document that is created will not contain a file. It will only be a blank metadata item, and a file will need to be attached manually by either editing or revising the item.
Use these steps to add and configure a document node.
- Navigate to Workflow Designer dialog. within the
- Connect the document node to the workflow. For example, connect the document node to a decision node.
- Right-click on the document node and click Configure.
- Use the Name and Description fields to enter basic information about the node.
- Use the Container field to select the container where the new document will be created.
- Use the Item field to configure the document that will be created.
- Select the Pause Workflow check box to pause the workflow when the new document is created.
- Use the Is Editable, Is Visible, Allow Markup Creation, and Is Revisable check boxes to configure the document that is created.
- Optional: If the node should also send an email notification, enter the notification text in the Email Text field and then use the Recipients field to select the users that should receive the notification.
- Click Apply.