Configure the Decision Nodes
Configure decision nodes to specify the users responsible for taking action on an item and the outcomes available.
Decision Nodes enable you to specify a group of voting panel members to choose from and assign Activity Status Outcomes to items uploaded and placed into a workflow. Decision Nodes can be configured so that all voting panel members are required to vote individually or so that only a certain vote weighting is required to reach a Decision and to move the item to the next Node.
Users can also be made non-voting panel members on the Decision Node. You can allow non-voting panel members to make comments about the item or have view-only permissions over it.
- From the Workflow Designer dialog, right-click on a decision node and click Configure.
- Enter basic details about the node within the Name and Description fields.
- Enter the question to be posed to the panel members within the Question field.
- If the item can be edited while in the decision node, select the Is Editable check box.
- If non-panel members should be able to see the item while the item is in the decision node, select the Is Visible check box.
- If new revisions of the item can be created while the item is in the decision node, select the Is Revisable check box.
- In the Duration field, select the length of time the item can be in the decision node before it becomes overdue.
- If markups can be added to the item while it is in the decision node, select the Allow Markup Creation check box.
- If an item should automatically proceed down the default decision path when a
decision is not made during the selected Duration time,
select the Daily Push Through When Duration Is Met check
box .Note: This allows a workflow to keep moving even when non-critical reviews aren't completed on time.
- Use the Quick Picker or Add/Remove Panel Members links in the Panel Members section to select the users that can vote on the item. You can add individual users, security groups, or distribution groups as panel members.
- Configure each panel member that you have added:
Option Description Vote Administrator Select this check box if the panel member should be able to vote on behalf of other members. This option will also exempt the panel member from workflow restrictions. For example, even if the workflow is configured as "not editable," the vote administrator will be able to edit the workflow. Weighting Use this field to define the weight of the member's vote. Notify Select this check box if the panel member should receive a notification that the item needs their attention.
- Use the Vote Type field to select the type of voting that applies.
Option Description Inclusive Voting The number of votes must equal the number of voting panel members before the item can progress. Exclusive Voting The number of votes must equal the target number of votes before the item can progress. Note that the weighting of each member does not apply when this option is selected. Weighted Voting The total weight of the votes must equal the number entered in this field. The weight of each vote is set up using the Weighting field next to each panel member. Quick Vote (Only appears if the Weighted Voting option is selected) If an outcome is selected in the Quick Vote selector, only one vote will be required to progress a document to the chosen outcome, regardless of the other applied settings.
- To automatically add the item owner to the panel, select the Add
Owner check box. When you select this check box, an Item Owner record is added to the Panel Members section.
- If the item owner should receive an email as the item passes through each node of the workflow, select the Notify check box next to the Item Owner record created in the previous step.
- If the panel changes to the decision node should affect any items that are
already in the decision node, select the Update Nodes in
Use check box. Note: This option does not apply if you are creating a new workflow.The votes that have already been cast will be reset. Only changes to the panel section will update the items already in the decision node.
- Select which Default Outcome used to use.
- Use the Message field to send a message to the panel members. You can also use the Customised Messages link to send a specific message to selected members of the panel.
- Optional: Use the Outcome Comments section to create a list of outcome decision comments that can be selected by the panel members.
Option Description Comment Use this field to enter the outcome comment. Rank The comment with the lowest number will be used as the default outcome comment if the duration expires without the panel members voting. Outcome Use this field to associate the comment with a specific outcome mode. Note that the outcome mode needs to be configured before it can be set up here.
- Optional: Use the Attachment List section to attach additional items that have already been uploaded into the application.
- Click Apply to save your changes.