Generate a Personal Access Token (NA only)
Viewpoint For Projects users based in North America must generate and use a one-time personal access token (PAT) as part of their login credentials in order to use the 4Explorer and 4Outlook browser plugins.
- Plugin users - if you use 4Explorer or 4Outlook
- API admins - if you have custom integrations
- Open the Viewpoint For Projects application in the web browser.
- In the upper right-hand corner of the application, select the person icon to open your user profile.
- Among the options listed, select Personal Access Token.The Personal Access Token screen appears.
- Click New Token.The system generates a unique token associated with your login credentials.
- Click copy .The token is copied to your clipboard.Note: Once you close the screen, the token is deleted permanently. If you need to generate a new token, click Revoke and then New Token to generate another.
- Navigate immediately to the plugin's login screen (or that of the API) and use the copied token as your password to log in.