MS Office Setup for Live Revise
If you want to use Live Revise, you need to disable protected view for each Microsoft Office program or you will get an "In Use" error message.
The following steps need to be done for each MS Office application to be used with Live Revise (in other words, once each for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Open the relevant application, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Navigate to .
- Within the Options window, on the sidebar click Trust Center and then click Trust Center Settings.
Within the Trust Center Settings window, on the sidebar
click Protected View and then deselect the following two
- Enable Protected View for files originating from the Internet
- Enable Protected View for files located in potentially unsafe locations
- Click OK to close the pop-up windows.