Search Capabilities in the Brava Viewer
The Search field in the Brava Viewer allows you to quickly and easily find specific text in a document or in a markup.
- Down: Progressively searches for the next instance of the text in the document.
- Up: Progressively searches for the previous instance of the text in the document.
- Match Case: Searches for the text exactly as typed with upper and lower case characters.
- Find whole word only: Searches for the typed characters as an entire word as opposed to being part of a longer word.
- Regular Expressions: If selected, searches using regular expressions. You do not need to type regex: as part of the search string. If not selected, searches using classic search algorithms.
- Term Hit: If selected, all matching results in the current document display highlighted in yellow.
When the Regular Expressions search parameter is ON, you can enter multiple search terms in the Search field separated by a pipe( "|") symbol. For example, entering the string Internal|External|Works will result in all found instances of the three separate terms to be included in the consolidated search results.
Viewpoint For Projects™ saves all search terms in a drop-down list which can be accessed by clicking on the down arrow to the left of the search icon. Use this list to rerun a previous search. When selecting an entry from this list, certain search parameters may be unavailable.