Link a Task to a Model
You can link a task to a section of a model (similar to linking an item) to better communicate what you need accomplished in your task.
Open the model in the IFC Viewer and click on the appropriate section of the
The section is highlighted.
- Click Raise a new task
The New Task panel appears.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the task.
In the Mark Up field, click Add
to add a mark up to the task.
The Mark Up window appears, where you can use the markup tools to add annotations to the markup.
- In the Task Folder field, select the container for the task from the drop-down list.
- In the Assigned field, select the person to whom the task will be assigned.
- In the Due field, select a due date for the task using the calendar control.
- In the Message field, enter information about the task, such as instructions or background.
- Click Save.
To view a task, select the Tasks tab in the bottom panel of the IFC Viewer or navigate to the task container that you added it to in the navigation tree.
To view a task for a federated model, go to the BIM homepage and select the Collaboration tab.