Enable Multi-Factor Authentication
You can use VFP’s Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) for two-step, enhanced-security protection from data breaches and hackers.
To enable MFA for yourself, you must first opt-in to a second layer of authentication via a smart phone through a service such as Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, or Authy. Once you download the authentication app, you can use the app’s built-in QR code scanner to scan a QR code within a new “Enable Multi-Factor Authentication” link on the Select an Enterprise screen once you log in to VFP. The scanned code, in turn, provides you with a 6-digit, time-sensitive code that you must then enter to authorize the MFA feature.
- Download a 2-step verification app to your phone (examples: Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, Authy).
- Log in to Viewpoint For Projects™.The Select an Enterprise window appears.
- Under Other Options, click the View or Manage Your Personal Details link.The Personal Settings window appears.
- Under Options, click the Enable
Multi-Factor Authentication link.The Multi-Factor Authentication SignUp window appears.
- Use the built-in QR code reader in your downloaded Google
Authenticator (or other authenticating application) to scan
the QR code on the Multi-Factor Authentication SignUp
window.The authenticator provides you with a 6-digit code.
- Enter the 6-digit code into the Code
field of the Multi-Factor Authentication SignUp window, and
click Submit.The MFA Enabled notification window appears.