What's New in VFP 2021-03 - June 2021
The third release of Viewpoint For Projects™ in 2021 features continued ViewpointID framework improvements, improved classification field search, increased admin security by preventing local attachments to tasks, and email technology upgrades.
A list of Bug Fixes is also available.
- Email Technology Upgrade - To continue to support the millions of emails that are issued from VFP each week, we have upgraded the email technology and infrastructure on the platform. This ensures we can continue to scale as you grow, and offer TLS1.2 security. With this upgrade we will also enforce a direct attachment file size limit of 25mb on emails sent using the email function within VFP. The best-practice method of inserting hyperlinks to VFP documents will remain unaffected.
- Prevent Local Attachments in Tasks - This release provides a new setting when creating a task container. When activated, a user cannot add a local attachment to any task in the container. This will prevent any attachments not previously added in VFP from being added to a task.
- Classification Field Search - The Contains Text search function from the Search tab can now be used to query Classification data. This allows you to build and save complex and hierarchical searches in the usual VFP manner.
- Viewpoint ID - Major framework has been continuously established in previous releases to support the shift to Viewpoint ID. Viewpoint ID provides a centralised authentication service and consolidates all accounts under the same email address. Follow the simple prompt at login to change your username to a valid email address, validate, and link your account(s) to an email address, and set a new password of sufficient complexity. For more information, see here.
About Viewpoint Help
Viewpoint introduces Viewpoint Help, a new help website that gives you access to comprehensive product documentation from a single location. Please visit Viewpoint Help and click the banner to send us your feedback. For more information, see About Viewpoint Help.
- Google Chrome 78.0.3904.97+
- Firefox 73.0.1+
- Microsoft Edge 79+
- Safari 13.1+