Getting Started With Onboarding
Onboarding allows you to create electronic workflows for your onboarding processes.
Invite new hires to complete onboarding tasks, and track each step in the hiring process with integrated, paperless workflows. After they receive an onboarding invitation, new hires complete their personal information, standard HR forms (Form I-9 and Form W-4), and any custom tasks that you have created.
Before You Begin
- A Trimble Construction One administrator must add Onboarding users at the enterprise level. Onboarding users can have an HR administrator or HR specialist role.
- Users must set up their Trimble Construction One user accounts.
- Users can then access the Onboarding application from the
Trimble Construction One workcenter home page. Note: Users must have an email address on file in order to access Onboarding. For help correcting issues with a user's email address, see Troubleshooting User Account Issues.
- Configure your hiring setup:
- Create profile groups (hiring locations or business units): An HR administrator starts by creating profile groups and assigning HR specialist permissions within each profile group.
- Create hiring profiles: Profile Admins create hiring profiles (job roles) and assign them to their profile groups.
- Create custom tasks and forms: Custom tasks might include state tax withholding forms, a company handbook review, direct deposit or health insurance forms, or a request for attachments, such as a driver's license.
- Invite new hires to onboard: Authorized HR specialists send onboarding invitations to new hires who belong to their profile groups. New hires access your onboarding site with a unique application code (access code).
- Track progress on the New Hire Dashboard: View a summary of all new hires who have been invited to onboard and track onboarding status.
- Review new hire details (personal information and Spectrum details): After a new hire submits completed forms, an authorized HR specialist completes step 2 for federal forms and enters payroll-related details required for Spectrum.
- Initialize records to Spectrum: When all information is complete, an authorized HR specialist sends new hire information to Spectrum with the click of a button.
Watch the following video for an overview of the Onboarding workflow from start to finish.