Create Permission Groups
HR admins create permission groups to determine whose employee information HR specialists can view from the Employee Dashboard and to assign approval permissions.
From the Employee
Self-Service main menu , select HR Admin
The Admin Settings page opens.
Select the Permission
Groups section on the left side of the page.
The Permission Groups page opens, showing a list of existing permission groups, if any have been set up.
To create a new permission group, select
New Group in the lower right of the page.
Note: To edit an existing permission group, select the pencil icon in that permission group section to open Permission Group Details. On the Permission Group Details page, you can edit HR user access, add or remove companies, change approval permissions, or delete a permission group.
- Enter a permission Group Name.
Under the Who has access?
drop-down, select an HR specialist to assign to this permission group.
- After you select a specialist, that person's name displays in the Who has access? section. To add another specialist, select the drop-down again, and select another specialist's name.
- Continue adding specialists until you have added all users who should have the permissions assigned to this group.
Under the To which companies?
drop-down, select a company to assign to this permission group. HR specialists
assigned to this permission group will be able to view information for all
employees in the selected companies.
- After you select a company, that company name displays in the To which companies? section. To add another company, select the drop-down again, and select another company name.
- Continue adding until you have added all companies containing the employee information that you want HR specialists assigned to this group to be able to access.
Under the What can they do? drop-down,
select the permissions to assign to the HR specialists in this permission
- View: Allows HR specialists to view but not approve Personal Information updates submitted by employees in the companies assigned to this permission group.
- Approve: Allows HR specialists to view and approve Personal Information updates submitted by employees in the companies assigned to this permission group.
- Changes made to permission groups are saved automatically. When you are finished, you can return to the main Employee Self-Service page by selecting the return icon in the upper left of the page.