Create Onboarding Tasks and Forms
Design onboarding tasks and forms based on your organization's onboarding process.
Watch the following video to learn how to create custom task and lookups in Onboarding. For written instructions, see the steps below.
From the home page, in the Onboarding section, select Hiring Process Setup.
Note: Alternatively, click in the upper left corner of the home page, and select .
Select the Manage Custom Tasks
The Form Templates page opens.
In the right pane, select Create Template.
The Template Builder page opens.Tip: To create a new template based on an existing one, in the Actions column of the Form Templates grid, click the More button , and select Copy Template.
- Enter a Name for the onboarding task or form (for example, Direct Deposit Form).
Select a task Category from the drop-down
list (for example, Required Forms), or select Create
Category in the left pane to set up a new category.
Each form must be assigned to a category. You must create at least one category before you can save any custom tasks.
Select options and permissions for this
Note: If you select Dropdown, Multiple Choice, or Single Select, you must also create lookups to provide new hires with specific choices when answering these types of questions. Enter lookup information directly in the question section, or use the Manage Lookups tab.
- Add New Section: Creates a new section on the template. You can give each section its own name and add unique question types.
- Office Only: Select this check box to make all tasks in a section visible to HR admins and HR specialists only. New hires will not see tasks marked as Office Only when they complete their onboarding steps.
- Add Question Type: Drag and drop a question type (for example, Text, Date, or Checkbox) to the appropriate section on the template.
- For each question type, enter a question and any required lookups.
Select More options to add
Help Text or a
- Allow Attachments (if applicable for a question type) indicates that new hires can upload a file as part of the answer (for example, a copy of a driver's license). If you select Allow Attachments, you have the option to require attachments for that question.
- Help Text allows you to provide instructions for new hires who complete this form. These instructions display in every form created from this template.
- Grid Headers display in Viewpoint Team. In Team, when you filter to a single template form, the grid header displays as a column header, allowing you to view all answers to that question on all forms where it is used.
Select the slider for required and active
- Select the Required slider for questions that new hires must answer.
- Select the Active slider for questions to include on the form. You may choose to create a question and activate it at a later time.
Optionally, add Other form components, such
as a request for a signature or a fillable
Complete the options for these components as you did for Question Types.
When you have finished creating a question, click
To edit a question later on, expand the question on the relevant form, and click .
- When you have finished creating the form, click Save.
- To modify a form later on, select or search for it by category or form name, make your changes, and click Save.