Create Hiring Profiles
Create hiring profiles and add onboarding tasks for new hires to complete.
Profile Group Administrators can create, edit, or delete hiring profiles at any time. Watch the following video to learn how to create profile groups and hiring profiles. For written instructions, see the steps below.
From the home page, in the Onboarding section, select Hiring Process Setup.
Note: Alternatively, click in the upper left corner of the home page, and select .
On the Process Builder tab, select
Create Profile in the left
Tip: You can also open an existing hiring profile, rename it, add or remove tasks, and save the edited profile under the new name.
- Under Profile Settings in the right pane, enter a Profile Name (for example, Contractor).
Select the Profile Group to associate
with this hiring profile.
HR specialist permissions are assigned by Profile Group. These permissions indicate what actions an HR specialist can take for new hires assigned to this profile.
- Enter the Welcome Text that new hires in this profile see on your Onboarding website.
Under Tasks to Complete:
Select Add Tasks to choose
the tasks or forms for new hires in this profile to complete (for
example, Form I-9 and Form W-4).
Tip: You can use the Search box to search for a task by name.
- To have tasks display in alphabetical order for the new hire, select all the tasks at once, select Update Tasks, and then select Save on the Profile Settings page.
- To have tasks display in a specific order, add them one at a time. For example, if you want the Voluntary Self Identification form to display before your Direct Deposit form, select the Voluntary Self Identification form, select Update Tasks, and then select Save on the Profile Settings page. Then re-open the Add Tasks window, select the Direct Deposit form, and then select Update Tasks and Save again.
To require a task as part of onboarding,
select the Required slider for that task.
Note: If you add Form I-9 or Form W-4 to the task list for a hiring profile, the system automatically sets them as required tasks and adds the associated Admin Step 2. You cannot change these forms to optional. All new hires who belong to the profile will be required to complete that form as part of onboarding.
- To remove a task, click the Trash icon.
- Select Add Tasks to choose the tasks or forms for new hires in this profile to complete (for example, Form I-9 and Form W-4).
- When you are finished making changes, select Save.
- To modify a hiring profile later on, select or search for it in the left pane, make your changes, and select Save.