Edit a New Hire's Spectrum Details
Edit a new hire's payroll-related information before initializing the onboarding record to Spectrum.
From the home page, in the Onboarding section, select New Hire Dashboard.
Note: Alternatively, click in the upper left corner of the home page, and select .
Click a new hire's name.
The New Hire Details page opens.
In the Spectrum
Details section, click
The Edit Spectrum Details window opens.
Review each section: Self
ID, W-4, and Spectrum. Assure that information for the
Voluntary Self-Identification Form, Form W-4, and Spectrum Payroll record has been provided.
Note: If the employee completed Form W-4 as part of onboarding, the Filing Status, Deductions, Dependent Amount, Other Income, Withholding, and Multiple Jobs fields display as read-only. If not, these fields may be edited by an HR manager.
If you are rehiring an employee:
Select the This employee is a rehire check box.
In the Rehire Employee field, search for and select the employee by name or by existing employee number in Spectrum.
Only employees with existing records in Spectrum may be selected for the Rehire Employee field. If you enter the name of an employee who does not have a Payroll record in Spectrum, that name cannot be saved in this field.
Generate the employee's Payroll number based on
Spectrum settings, or enter a number
Note: For rehired employees, the system links onboarding records to the new hire's existing Payroll records in Spectrum and reuses the existing employee ID.
- To generate the employee number based on Spectrum' Payroll settings (Payroll Installation - Properties > Auto-number employee codes field), select Generate employee number (displays for new employees, not rehires).
- To enter a number manually, enter that number in the Employee Number field (grayed out if you selected Generate employee number).
- If you know the new hire's official start date, enter that date in the Expected Hire Date field.Tip: You can also click in a date field to select a date from the calendar.
- Assign the new hire to a Company in your organization.
The company that you select affects cost center and wage-related options.
- After you select a company, the Cost Center, Payroll Department, Union Code, Pay Type, and Resident Tax State fields are available.
- After you select a Union Code, the Wage Code fields is available.
- After you select a Resident Tax State, the Workers Compensation field is available.
- Select the Pay Frequency for the new hire.
- Enter the new hire's Wage.
- Click Save Changes.