Configure HR Benefit Codes
Benefit codes are the benefit plans that employees can elect.
- In Vista, select .
- Select the Grid tab, and then select BenefitType in the ComboBox Type column.
- Select the Items tab.
Add, edit, or delete benefit types as
On the Items tab, the DatabaseValue will be used to configure portal settings for Benefits in HR Management.On the Info tab, the Description is the title that displays in HR Management and on the Benefits Codes in Vista.
- In Vista, select :
- On the Grid tab, select a Benefit Code.
- Select the Info tab.
- In the Benefit Type drop-down field, select the applicable benefit type for this benefit code.
- Verify all fields, and select the Update PR check box.
Select the Benefit Options tab to set
multiple rates for the same benefit code based (for example, Single, Single
& Spouse, Family):
- The Description for a benefit option displays in HR Management. If a code has only one option, the Description does not display and employees will enter an amount or percentage during open enrollment.
- You can set a maximum percentage that may be entered for an option in the Max Percentage column on the Benefit Options tab.
- To restrict the number of dependents per benefit option, use the Max Dependent Count and Min Dependent Count columns on the Benefit Options tab.
Select the Deduction / Liability Codes
tab to associate a rate with each option.
Important: You should have only one deduction per benefit code and option. If a benefit code has multiple deductions associated with it, those deductions are added together in HR Management, which can render inaccurate values. (For example, if you have deduction codes called 401k and 401k Catch Up, set these up as distinct benefit codes with different benefit types so that employees can elect and allocate to both benefits.)
- For plans with options that have an employee cost
associated (Deduction Code), verify that each option has a Frequency and an
amount in the New
Rate column. In HR Management, this information displays
in the My
Contributions section for a benefit.Note: Codes display in HR Management as long as they have a deduction or a liability assigned.
- Liabilities display in HR Management if they are entered for an Option
with a Frequency Code and you have enabled portal setting Show Employer Costs on Benefits
Selection Page (Step 3).Note: Frequency Code descriptions display with Benefit Codes in HR Management. If you would like to change how these display, see Override Frequency Code Labels for Benefits.
- New Rates display in HR Management unless the Benefits Admin has approved a window with an effective date before the effective date entered on the Deduction/Liability Codes tab.
- For plans with options that have an employee cost associated (Deduction Code), verify that each option has a Frequency and an amount in the New Rate column. In HR Management, this information displays in the My Contributions section for a benefit.
- Select Updated YN for all options.
- To add notes to a benefit code, select the Notes tab, and enter the desired text.
- To add attachments to a benefit code, select Attachments icon in the toolbar of the HR Benefit Codes window.