Create and Modify a Document for Signature or Acknowledgement
Documents for Signature or Acknowledgment allow you to share documents with specific groups of users.
You must be a Bulletin Admin to create or modify a Document for Signature or Acknowledgment.
- Select .
- Select + Add New.
- In Headline, enter the document name.
In Mode, select either
Required) or Document (Signature Required).
- Documents for Signature require users to sign using the cursor (when on a computer), their finger (on mobile devices or tablets), or by selecting Generate Signature (if enabled).
- Documents for Acknowledgment require users to select an Acknowledge button.
Use the Ignore if Hired
After to limit access to this document to employees hired after
a certain date (applies to employees included in the employee group selected in
the Manage Document Distribution section).
Only users who were hired before this date will receive this document for signature / acknowledgment.
Enter Start On and
Expires On dates for the document.
This date range determines the time period in which the document will be available. If you do not want the document to expire, select the pin icon to the right of the Expires On date field. Documents set to start in the future will not appear for users until that start date.
In the Attach Documents To
drop-down, you can select whether a PDF copy of the document should be attached
to the user's PR Employee or HR Resource Master after it has been acknowledged
or signed. If you do not want your document to attach in Vista, select
- This attachment will include the title, body text, the attachment (if one was added), signature block text, date of the signature / acknowledgment, and signature (if it is a document for signature).
- Use the Attachment Type to assign the document to a specific attachment type. This drop-down includes the DM Attachment Types you have created in Vista.
In the Body section, enter the full message for your
If your notice is already contained in a PDF, you can attach the document in the Attachments section instead of entering text in the Body section.
To modify the Signature or Acknowledgment block
text (text that appears just above where the user signs or acknowledges), enter
the alternate text in the Signature / Acknowledgment Block
This text displays on the PDF attachment to either HR or Payroll.If you leave this blank users will see our default acknowledgment text that reads: “I have agreed to submit this acknowledgment by electronic means. I also certify that I understand that an electronic signature has the same legal effect and can be enforced in the same way as a written signature.” This text also displays in the printed PDF.
In the Attachments section, you can do any of the
following to attach a file:
- Use the Drop a file or Click to upload box to drag and drop an attachment or navigate to a file. Users will be able to select the link and download the attachment.
- Select Embed Attachment In Page to have the attachment display for your users to see. For multiple attachments, users will still be able to see the attachment but will have a filter available for viewing the different attachments. Only attachments that are PDF or images (for example, PNG, JPEG, or TIFF) can be embedded. Proprietary documents can still be attached but cannot be embedded.
- Select Disable Attachment Download if you do not want users to have the option to download the attachment.
Use the Manage Document
Distribution section to determine which users will have access
to this document. In the Employee
Groups That have access drop-down, add the appropriate employee
groups. You can add multiple groups to the same Document for signature /
acknowledgment. See Create Employee Groups for help setting up employee groups.
Note: Only a System or Security Admin can create or modify employee groups.
When you are finished, select Save in the upper
You can also select Save & Preview to see what your document will look like to a user.
On the Document Dashboard, the down arrow to the
right of the Edit button provides the following options so that you can modify,
review, track, and send reminders about documents:
- View: Allows you to review a selected document.
- Delete: Allows you to delete a selected document.
- Track: Allows you to review how many users have signed /acknowledged your document. On the Track Responses page, you can choose Download to CSV to download a copy of the information. You can also push the signed /acknowledged document to Vista (it attaches automatically after acknowledgment /signature) by selecting To Vista. If your document is not set to attach (you selected None in the Attach Document To drop-down), this option is not available.
- Send Email: Allows you to send a reminder email to all users who have not signed / acknowledged the document. This email includes a link to the document for signature or acknowledgment. You will be prompted to confirm that you want to send the email to all users before continuing.