Set Up Onboarding Profiles
Onboarding profiles allow you to create onboarding packets specific to different roles in your organization.
- Select .
- Next to the Profile / Job Category drop-down, select +Add.
- In Add New Profile / Job Category, enter a name for the Onboarding profile.
- For Profile Type, select Onboarding.
- To modify the job category that you just created or an existing job category, select it from the Profile / Job Category drop-down, and then select .
Select a Hiring Location for this profile.
The hiring location determines which of your users can access information for new hires assigned to this Onboarding profile. See Create and Manage Hiring Locations for details.
- Select the Add button.
- To modify the profile that you just created or an existing profile, select it from the Profile / Job Category drop-down, and then select
In the Profile Settings pop-up, you
can make changes to the following fields:
- Profile Name: Leave the current name or enter a different name. Modifying the name here changes it everywhere that it has been applied.
- Company: Allows you to associate your Onboarding profile with a specific company if you have enabled the portal setting Enable Onboarding Login By Company. If not, you can leave this field set to the default Applies to all Companies.
- Admin Task Checklist Template: To assign internal tasks to this profile (these tasks can be completed only by users with permission to the Onboarding profile), select the appropriate checklist template from the drop-down. See Create Custom Tasks for details.
- Select the Hiring Location for the profile. The hiring location determines which of your users can access information for new hires assigned to this profile. See Create and Manage Hiring Locations for details.
- To select the current profile as the default to for new hires who begin
onboarding from a link on your employee portal home page, select the
Default Profile check box. Note: If you also allow users to select their profile or if you only send onboarding invitations, you do not need to select a Default Profile.
- Select whether to include Form W-4, Form I-9, or the Voluntary
Self-Identification form in this profile, or whether to add the direct
deposit or emergency contact step:
Include W-4: Adds Form W-4 to the profile. New hires can complete Step 1 of the form. Users with permission to Invite or Initialize can complete Step 2. See Create and Manage Hiring Locations for details on permissions.
Include I-9: Adds Form I-9 to the profile. New hires can complete Section 1. Users with permission to Invite or Initialize can complete Section 2 and, for rehires, Section 3.
Include Voluntary Self-Identification: Adds a form that allows new hires to self-identify gender, race, and/or veteran status. New hires may also indicate that they do not to answer.
Include Direct Deposit: This drop-down field includes three options: Include Direct Deposit (Required), Include Direct Deposit (Not Required), or No Direct Deposit (this is the default). If you have enabled the portal setting Initialize New hires to Payroll, you can add the direct deposit step to onboarding as required or optional (setting location: ). To exclude the direct deposit step from onboarding, select No Direct Deposit. See Configure Direct Deposit for Onboarding for additional details.
Include Emergency Contacts: Adds the emergency contacts step to onboarding. New hires can add as many emergency contacts as they would like.
- When you are finished with profile settings, select Save in the pop-up.
On the Hiring Process Builder page, determine whether to include custom tasks
and document templates with this profile:
- Set the Include? toggle to
ON to include a task in the profile.
Note: Users with permission to Invite for the hiring location can add or remove tasks when sending an onboarding invitation. Users with permission to View can add or remove tasks from the Employee Details page.
- Set the Required? toggle to
ON to require a task for this
profile.Note: Required tasks cannot be removed when sending onboarding invitations.
- Set the Include? toggle to ON to include a task in the profile.